Saturday, May 22, 2010

heartbreak is the strongest aphrodesiac; failure is the biggest motivator.

I went to NYC with my friend AntMan Wonder on Wednesday for a quick visit. He hasn't been out of Philly all year and I haven't been to New York in two months, everyone knows how antsy I am and I can't seem to get up there enough. We were seriously dragging ass and didn't get up there until 5pm, but it was enough time to sneak into a few galleries on 25th Street in Chelsea.

I stopped in Viridian Gallery to check out the drawing show by Carol Benisatto, and also asked about the submissions to the juried show.

The receptionist said, "There were over 300 applicants so they're still not finished looking through everything. Why, did you apply?" I told her yes..of course I did! I had been hitting refresh on their website every day waiting for the red letters that said "Check back Mid May for Winners" to bear good news. Today I hit refresh and it said "Click here to view winners." I went through the list...


and my name was not there. On another note, the feedback I received from my open studios is that people REALLY like my self portraits.   Information is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment