Monday, July 26, 2010

Taking the Plunge and Curating my own SHOW!

After our successful 2nd Thursday event in May I got to thinking we can put on a legitimate show opening at the IRS studios so I have started planning an art opening for 2nd Thursday in October.  I wanted to do September but there is not enough time so October it is! Plus the warehouse should be nice and cool by then. The show will have an open call to artists (any artist anywhere can submit), it will have a theme that the work should follow. 

I don't really have anything else to say about art.  Actually, I do.  I just bought a dremel tool but so far have only used it to drill experimental designs into my studio wall.  I have a lot of work to do to get this show off the ground.  I also want to have live performance art.  I plan on promoting the show extensively so that all of Philadelphia comes by.  It should be really good.  Everyone will be home from vacation by October and people will be in the city looking for good art shows.  I'm pumped.  So anyone from my family or friends reading this, October might be a good time to come visit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment